Ash Canyon & Ramsey Canyon - May 29, 2026, and Ash Canyon - June 1, 2026

 Since Ash Canyon still was not seeing many hummingbirds, I stopped by Ramsey Canyon to check on their hummer population.  While the numbers were pretty good, I had the usual problems getting good photos.  There are no perches near the feeders, so it is usually necessary to include the feeder in the shot, which I prefer not to do.  Also, the feeders are higher there, creating a poor perspective.  All that said, I did bring home a few shots that I'll share.

While Ash Canyon still had most of its feeders down due to continued bear activity, I did manage to get a fair variety of song birds in my two visits there. 

Broad-billed (M)

Black-chinned (M)

Brown-crested Flycatcher

Violet-crowned (J)

Acorn Woodpecker (M)

 
Verdin (J)

Zinnia

Brown-headed Cowbird (M)

House Finch (F) & Brown-headed Cowbird (F)

Lark Sparrow

Bullock's Oriole (F)

Scott's Oriole (M)

Scott's Oriole (J)

Blue Grosbeak (M)

Curve-billed Thrasher

Ladder-backed Woodpecker (M)

Ladder-backed Woodpecker (F)

House Finch (M)

House Finch (F)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ash Canyon - June 17, 2025

Ash Canyon - October 27, 2025

Ash Canyon - August 30, 2025