Ash Canyon & Ramsey Canyon - July 28, 2024

 Not really into it this day, I stayed at Ash Canyon only for a short while, then drove around the neighborhood in lower Ramsey Canyon.  At Ash Canyon, I took a few photos of hummingbirds, then left just as other birds were coming in.  I visited the Ramsey Canyon neighborhood, since I usually see hawks in that area.  This was no exception, as I saw three hawks in short order.  Unfortunately, the Gray Hawk flew directly over the car and I was unable to get a photo.  The others were very cooperative, however.  Two Roadrunners made an appearance, as well.

Flame Skimmer Dragonfly

Anna's (M)

Anna's (F)

Brown-headed Cowbird (M)

Cactus Wren

Sage


Gambel's Quail (F)

Gambel's Quail with chicks

Cassin's Kingbird

Lesser Goldfinch (F)

Greater Roadrunner

Greater Roadrunner

Vermilion Flycatcher (M)

Red-tailed Hawk

Swainson's Hawk


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anza-Borrego Desert, California - April 7, 2024

Anza-Borrego Desert, California - April 8, 2024

Sierra Vista & Ramsey Canyon, AZ - May 30, 2024