Ash Canyon - June 15, 2024

 Not many people or birds at the sanctuary today, the highlight was getting a few shots of the Lucifer Hummingbird.  Unfortunately, he never hovered within range, so I settled for poses on the feeder.  Hopefully there will be more chances for flight shots in the future.

Just after leaving the sanctuary, I spotted a bird perched on a dead branch some distance away.  I thought it may be a Western Kingbird and snapped a few shots.  Looking at it on computer, it appears to be a Greater Peewee, which would be a lifer for me.  I'm trying to get confirmation, but for now that's what I'm going with.

Lucifer (M)

Anna's (M)

Anna's (M)

Anna's (F)

Broad-billed (M)

Black-headed Grosbeak (F)

House Finch (M)

House Finch (F)

Phainopepla (F)

Scott's Oriole (F)

Lesser Goldfinch (M)

Brown-headed Cowbird (M)

Brown-headed Cowbird (F)

Greater Peewee (Maybe)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anza-Borrego Desert, California - April 7, 2024

Anza-Borrego Desert, California - April 8, 2024

Sierra Vista & Ramsey Canyon, AZ - May 30, 2024