Anza-Borrego Desert, California & Casa Grande, Arizona - April 11-14, 2024

 Wrapping up my time in California, here are a few random photos to round out that story.  I can understand people who live in the community of Borrego Springs, where they have the conveniences of city living, even if it is expensive.  Those who live off-grid, sometimes in rudimentary housing, are harder to under stand.  But, quite a few choose that life and seem to enjoy the solitude and independence it provides.  I was really taken by one of those in particular.  Somehow it seems like it's just them and the Roadrunners.


I also wonder how so many plants survive such a harsh environment, but they do, and even thrive.  Of course, certain plants have evolved and adapted to such extreme conditions.  But the plants at the local nursery have to be coddled to reach their potential.





On my way home, I stopped overnight in Casa Grande.  As I came into town, I saw large masses of yellow wildflowers.  Naturally, I drove back later to check them out.














 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sonoita & Patagonia, Arizona - April 30, 2023

San Pedro House - August 27, 2023

Sierra Vista, Ash Canyon, Ramsey Canyon - June 4-12, 2023