Ash Canyon - September 11, 2024

 As I entered the sanctuary, the volunteer approached me and asked if I had seen the rattlesnake.  I had not, so I wanted to know where it was.  He took me back to where my car was parked and pointed out the snake a few feet in front of my car, sleeping in a bed under a cactus.  Later, when I was leaving, I looked for the snake but it was gone.  In all my years of tromping around in the desert, this is only the second rattlesnake I've encountered, and both had to be pointed out to me by someone else.

Western Diamondback

Hummingbirds were still very active, so I took lots of photos and spent days going through them.

Anna's (F)
Anna's (M)
Anna's (M)
Anna's (M)
Costa's (M)
Costa's (M)
Black-chinned (F)
Calliope (F)
Calliope (F)
Cloudless Sulphur
Costa's (M)
Broad-billed (M)
Broad-billed (M)
White-breasted Nuthatch
Lucifer (M)
Lucifer (M)
Blue Grosbeak (M)
White-winged Dove
House Finch (F)
Lesser Goldfinch (F)
Lesser Goldfinch (M)
Canyon Towhee

                                  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anza-Borrego Desert, California - April 7, 2024

Anza-Borrego Desert, California - April 8, 2024

Sierra Vista & Ramsey Canyon, AZ - May 30, 2024