Ash Canyon, AZ - July 12, 2024

 Before heading to Ash Canyon, I snapped a couple photos in my back yard.

Hooded Oriole (F)

House Sparrow (M)

The first thing I noticed at the bird sanctuary was that all the Sacred Datura plants (and there are lots of them) were in bloom.  Considered by many to be a weed, they are in fact poisonous if eaten and can affect those with sensitive skin that contacts the leaves.  Despite that, I have long admired their beautiful blooms.


 

But, I was there for the birds, and there were some around.

White-winged Dove

House Finch (F)

House Finch (M)

Lesser Goldfinch (M)

Lesser Goldfinch (F)

Brown-headed Cowbird (M)

Blue Grosbeak (M)

Phainopepla (M)

Phainopepla (F)

Anna's (M)

While I don't often photograph the deer, I liked the pose of this one.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anza-Borrego Desert, California - April 7, 2024

Anza-Borrego Desert, California - April 8, 2024

Sierra Vista & Ramsey Canyon, AZ - May 30, 2024